The restaurant hostess is the first employee to interact with arriving guests as they enter the restaurant. She should ensure to provide proficient and professional Food & Beverage service to the guests by meeting and also exceeding their expectations.
· Greet guest and seats them accordingly
· Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of all food and beverage items in the menu and the ability to recommend Food and Beverage combinations and up sell alternatives
· Ensure that the outlet is kept clean and organized, both at the front as well as the back of house
· Liaise and organize with Housekeeping Department that the established cleaning schedules are strictly adhered to
· Performs the function of cashier and responsible for Micro cashiering procedure
· Balances cash and credit card charges and remittance of cash to Front Office Safe
· Ensure to say ‘Thank you’ to all departing guests and maintain rapport with guests
· Take feedback from the guests on Food , Beverage and Service
· Handle all guest requests and inquiries on food, beverage and service. Ensure that all employees establish a rapport with guests
· Attends and contributes to all Meetings as required
· Handles guest and employee enquiries in a courteous and efficient manner, reporting complaints or problems if no immediate solution can be found, whilst feeding back a prompt follow up.
· Ensure high standards of personal presentation and grooming
· Maintains positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships.
· Exercise responsible management and behaviour at all times and positively representing the hotel management team and Nile HospitalityRespond to requests to undertake any reasonable tasks and secondary duties and to changes as dictated by the hotel, industry and company
Orientation - Demonstrates
enthusiasm, drive and determination to get ahead and pursues goals energetically;
shows self-confidence and an optimistic outlook; acts on own initiative and
takes responsibility for one's own work and for the safety of others.
· Adaptability - Shows awareness of own strengths and weaknesses; works comfortably in uncertain conditions; accepts new ideas; changes one's own views or behaviours in accordance to changing circumstances; identifies personal development needs and seeks opportunities to improve; absorbs new information; maintains stable performance under pressure.
· Communication - Encourages communication with others; shares information with others and clearly expresses opinions; listens and takes others’ feelings and views into consideration; admits to mistakes; and maintains relationships at all organisational levels.
· Customer Focus / Quality - Meets customer needs, delivers personalised service, shows empathy and understanding, ensures professional, quality work standards are met, and uses criticism constructively.
· Integrity - Acts with clear ethics and values; is a model of high standards of behaviour for others; maintains confidentiality and upholds agreements; relates to people from different cultures; and maintains a balance between work and personal life.
· Interpersonal Skills and Teamwork - Uses appropriate interpersonal styles; identifies with others; works in a team; easily builds rapport; helps others through difficult times; shows tolerance for others' viewpoints; keeps own emotions in check and not allow personal feelings disrupt work
· Time and Task Management - Manages time effectively and shows punctuality; completes tasks on time; structures work activities in a systematic way; follows company policies; shows organisational commitment; shows receptiveness to being managed; demonstrates detailed job knowledge, manual ability and technical expertise in one’s own area.